Tuesday, 5 May 2015

May 5, 2015
Today, I accomplished something that I never thought I would ever be able to do.  I did the Crow pose in a yoga class.  Now for those of you who aren't familiar with this pose, you do a deep squat down to the floor with knees wide, place your hands between your knees in front of you and then try and lean forward and balance your body on your arms...that is a VERY quick breakdown of the pose.  I have been trying and trying to come into this pose for a long time and I finally did it today!! Not for long, mind you, but 2 seconds is better than ZERO! 
My lesson for today was to KEEP TRYING. Even if it is the 103rd time doing it, the 104th just may be the time you succeed!  It is an amazing feeling to know you perservered and succeeded at something. 
This is a HUGE week for me, you all!  After the week is done, I will be able to finally, finally, finally teach my very own yoga classes.  It is has been a long journey and I know that the journey is really just beginning.  CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!
I truly hope you are accomplishing your goals and crushing things that are just plain hard. Because in the end, doing the hard things makes you better and that, my friends, is truly what life is all about!
Namaste,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment